Get things done! The award-winning Things app helps you plan your day, manage your projects, and make real progress toward your goals.
Best of all, it’s easy to use. Within the hour, you’ll have everything off your mind and neatly organized—from routine tasks to your biggest life goals—and you can start focusing on what matters today.
“Things offers the best combination of design and functionality of any app we tested, with nearly all the features of other power user applications and a delightful interface that never gets in the way of your work.”
—Wirecutter, The New York Times
• Your To-Dos
Your basic building block is the almighty To-Do—each a small step toward a great accomplishment. You can add notes, tag it, schedule it, and break it down into smaller steps.
• Your Projects
Create a Project for any big goal, then add the to-dos to reach it. Use headings to structure your list as you outline your plan. There’s also a place to jot down your notes, and a deadline to keep you on schedule.
• Your Areas
Create an Area for each sphere of your life, such as Work, Family, Finance, and so on. This keeps everything neatly organized, and helps you see the big picture as you set your plans in motion.
• Your Plan
Everything on your schedule is neatly laid out in the Today and Upcoming lists, which show your to-dos and calendar events. Each morning, see what you planned for Today and decide what you want to do. The rest is down to you :)
MORE THINGS TO LOVE
As you dive deeper, you’ll find Things packed with helpful features. Here are just a few:
• Reminders — set a time and Things will remind you.
• Repeaters — automatically repeat to-dos on a schedule you set.
• This Evening — a special place for your evening plans.
• Calendar integration — see your events and to-dos together.
• Tags — categorize your to-dos and quickly filter lists.
• Quick Find — instantly locate to-dos, headings, or tags.
• Type Travel — jump from list to list with your keyboard; just start typing!
• Magic Plus — drag the + button to insert to-dos anywhere in a list.
• Share extension — create to-dos with content from other apps.
• Widgets — see your lists on the home screen.
• Mail to Things — forward an email to Things; now it’s a to-do.
• And much more!
MADE FOR IPAD
Things is tailored to the iPad, with excellent pro features as well. Chief among them is the outstanding support for your keyboard & trackpad. You can edit your to-dos without touching the screen, utilize plenty of shortcuts, and navigate your lists at blistering speed—just start typing!
“Things has the best implementation of external keyboard support I’ve ever seen in an iPad app.”
—Federico Viticci, MacStories
You can also enjoy a beautiful dark mode at sunset, connect your calendars, add widgets to your home screen, scribble with Apple Pencil, open multiple windows, create to-dos via Siri, import from Reminders—Things can do it all! There’s even Shortcuts integration if you want to automate your workflows.
Made in Stuttgart, with two Apple Design Awards to its name, Things is a fine example of German engineering: designed not only to look fantastic, but to be perfectly functional as well. Every detail is thoughtfully considered, then polished to perfection.
“It’s like the unicorn of productivity tools: deep enough for serious work, surprisingly easy to use, and gorgeous enough to enjoy staring at.”
GET THINGS TODAY
Whatever it is you want to accomplish in life, Things can help you get there. Install the app today and see what you can do!
• Things is also available for Mac, iPhone, and Apple Watch (sold separately).
• Sync is provided for free via our Things Cloud service.
• A free trial is available for Mac: thingsapp.com
If you have any questions, please get in touch. We provide professional support and will be glad to help you!
• Fixed some crashes that could occur while viewing Settings.
• Fixed a crash that could occur on launch if the first-ever sync with Things Cloud was previously interrupted.
This is our big update for iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and watchOS 8. It’s packed with great improvements, including two new widgets for iPad, widget customization, support for Live Text, universal Shortcuts, and more!
WIDGETS — Two New XL Widgets for iPad
We’ve added two new extra-large widgets for the iPad’s big screen:
• The first, called “Up Next”, helps you stay on top of your schedule. It shows your to-dos for Today, Tomorrow, and the two days after that.
• The second is the extra-large “List” widget. It shows a single list, but in two columns so you can see more to-dos at a glance.
WIDGETS – Customization
Things’ widgets have proven super popular. Many of you have written in to say you’d like more customization options, so we’ve added two improvements that we think you’ll enjoy:
• By default, the “+” button saves a new to-do to your Inbox. You can now change this to the currently-displayed list: tap & hold the widget, then choose Edit. You can also hide the button entirely.
• By default, Things’ widgets follow the system’s light/dark setting, but many of you told us that you prefer your widgets to be always dark. You can now control this behavior in Things > Settings > Appearance. We’ve also added a beautiful Black theme.
LIVE TEXT (iPhone)
You can now point your camera at some text, like a list of ingredients, and paste it directly into Things. Try it out, it’s awesome! Open a to-do, tap in the notes field, tap again to bring up the menu, and activate Live Text. Now direct your camera at some text and voila! It automagically appears in your to-do.
iOS 15 provides more ways to control your notifications and there are two improvements for Things:
• Announce Notifications
If you receive a text message while wearing headphones or driving in your car, Siri will read it to you. This now also works for reminders you’ve set in Things. You can enable this feature in iOS Settings → Things → Notifications.
• Time-Sensitive Notifications
iOS 15 introduces a new feature called Focus that cuts out distracting notifications. Since notifications from Things are always time-sensitive, we’ve made sure they can still get through. You’ll be prompted to allow this when your first notification is delivered.
SHORTCUTS – Across iPhone and iPad
If you’ve been using Things with Apple’s Shortcuts you’ll know that actions created on the iPhone don’t work on the iPad without a complicated workaround. We’re happy to report that once you upgrade to iOS 15, this limitation is gone. Simply add a Things action to a shortcut from either device and it will work everywhere.
GREAT EXTERNAL KEYBOARD SUPPORT
Things’ outstanding support for external keyboards is getting even better with iPadOS 15:
• Keyboard shortcuts are now neatly structured into menus. Simply hold down the Command key to see what’s possible.
• While in Split View, Things is now able to correctly show if it has keyboard focus. Certain elements in Things will dim when it doesn’t have focus, and brighten when it does.
• There’s a neat new shortcut: with a to-do selected, hit Control + Return to bring up a context menu, then navigate the options with your arrow keys.
• If you have an Apple Watch with an always-on display, Things will now stay visible when you lower your wrist and nicely dim the screen’s contents.
• We’ve added support for the iPad’s new Quick Note feature. Invoke Quick Note while viewing a list in Things and you’ll see an option to link to that list.
• If your iPhone or iPad is locked and you swipe right to reveal your widgets, your to-dos are now redacted for privacy.