Note-C is an easy to use program for writing, collecting and processing notes and texts. Note-C offers a rich set of features for working with text, support for popular markup languages such as MultiMarkdown, Markdown (Extra), Textile and others, and a flexible export manager.
Special features of Note-C
### "Open" storage of your texts Each entry is stored in a separate file and you can freely choose the location where your entries should be stored. Note-C automatically creates a corresponding, clear folder structure in which you also can quickly find your entries outside of Note-C.
By choosing the location of your choice, you can also conveniently sync your entries through a cloud service using your cloud directory as the storing-location.
In addition, the entries are saved in the open txt format so that you can easily open your entries with other text editors. You keep full control over your entries at any time.
Alternatively, you can also save your entries in the open Textbundle-package-format, which combines all the data of an entry in a file. This is done by a single click in the preferences of Note-C. All information about the Textbundle-format can be found at www.textbundle.org.
### Creating Multiple Notebooks
Note-C allows you to create as many notebooks as you like, so that you can save your entries, for example. thematically separated from each other.
### Special Editor and Full-Screen Modes
The Note-C editor has many useful features that make writing more efficient and eliminating the need using the mouse, such as automatic list recognition (* and - characters) or moving text passages using keyboard shortcuts. Furthermore, Note-C offers a built-in Tab-Action-Manager, where you can define texts that are inserted into your entries by a keyword and the Tab-key. In addition, you can visually adjust the editor to your needs in many areas: colors of font and background, font size and type, line spacing and other options.
In addition, Note-C also offers a distraction-free mode in addition to the well-known full-screen mode, where you can concentrate completely on the text.
### Markup Support
Note-C supports the following markup languages: Markdown, MultiMarkdown, MarkdownExtra, Textile, BBCode, Wikitext, HTML and Smark. All languages supported by Note-C have a rich set of keyboard shortcuts that allow you to efficiently format your texts. In addition, Note-C offers a built-in preview mode to view your formatted entries.
### Collecting External Files
You can create a collection of files for each entry. These files are stored in a separate folder for each entry. Note-C offers the possibility to view many of these files directly in Note-C. Note: Files can not be inserted directly into the text of entries, but you can add images using markup.
### Exporting Entries
Note-C provides its own Export-Manager, which allows you to export your typed entries into various text formats. The supported formats are plain text, RTF (text only), RTFD, HTML, Doc (text only), ODT (text only), Textbundle, Textpack and PDF. In addition, the export manager of Note-C offers the possibility to export the desired entries as an ePub eBook file.
For more information about Note-C, visit Xelaton.com. There you can also send me a message in case of problems or questions via the contact form!
- two new options in the Tab Actions Manager
- instead of having to press ⌥⎋ to display the tab action completion, it can also be specified that only pressing ⎋ displays the completion
- option that the completion can be displayed if no character has been written yet
- inserting flexible Markers that can be activated using keyboard shortcuts (can be found in the menu under Markup > Insert marker)
- improved movement of text using the keyboard shortcuts
- minor improvements when displaying the notes list
- minor improvements in the management of attachments
- improved handling of Textbundle files that are not compliant and do not contain an asset directory
- Textile parser updated
- Smark parser (Swift version) updated
- Markdown-Parser (Swift version) updated
- fixed a bug in the help pages
- fixed a bug in setting a custom color for the I-Beam cursor
- fixes a bug that prevented the Share menu from being displayed