Name Mangler is a blazingly-fast multi-file renaming tool that's incredibly easy to use. Renaming tens of thousands of files can be as easy as a drag-and-drop operation, a bit of typing, and one click of a button. And it now runs natively on both Intel and Apple Silicon Macs.
With Name Mangler, you can…
• Create single or multi-step renaming actions, save them, and share them across Macs
• Rename in excess of 2,000 files per second
• Use files' macOS metadata (e.g. ISO speed, dimensions, bit rate, etc.) in new names
• See before-and-after views of your filenames insure you rename them as you intend
• Save renaming tasks as droplets: just drag-and-drop files onto a droplet, and they'll be renamed
• Save renaming tasks as macOS Services, for use through Finder's contextual menu
• Load any previously-used rename action from the History browser
• See previews of files' contents using macOS' built-in Quick Look file previewer
Name Mangler 3 represents a quantum leap forward in file renaming: speed and beauty combined with ease of use, and loaded with features. In addition to the above, here are some other features of note:
• Save any renaming action as a Preset, and automatically sync those presets across Macs
• Export renaming actions for sharing via email, etc.
• Revert last-used renaming operation
• Optionally display only files that will be renamed, instead of all files in the list
• Automatically detect potential duplicates and flag (or optionally automatically fix)
• See Interim results that show filenames at each step of a multi-step renaming task
• Full support for regular expressions to handle really complicated renaming tasks.
If you have files to rename, Name Mangler can get the job done.
• Droplets now get their own creation dates, instead of inheriting their creation date from the Name Mangler app itself.
• Revised Services implementation to restore functionality on recent versions of macOS.