PhotInfo is an app to control all the information (location, date, camera, focal length, etc.) contained in your photos.
# Why PhotInfo
Digital cameras (including those in mobile devices) add metadata to the photos they take. These data are called Exif tags. They provide an opportunity to learn not only the exact date and time of the shoot, but also parameters such as exposure time, shutter speed, image resolution, device model, ISO, focal length, whether the flash was used, etc.
Letting PhotInfo access the photos on your iPhone, iPad or Mac, you can view all of their metadata, delete these metadata or modify some of them. With the PhotInfo’s Extension it is possible to view the main tags directly from other apps, like the native Photos app (iPhone and iPad only).
You may delete/modify the image tags to protect your privacy before sharing the image; you may add GPS data if you had forgotten to turn on location services when you took the picture; you may joke by setting improbable location values; you may reset date or location deleted by a previous editing; you may...
# What makes this app unique
• the completeness of tags shown
• the possibility to see the tags in raw format or in a more human readable one
• the convenient navigation between photos and albums
• the toolbar that allows the user to favorite, hide or delete a picture
# With PhotInfo you can:
• view all the Exif tags from the picture
• display an image with the main tags and the map of the location in a single view
• share an image with or without tags
• copy the key data or the content of individual tags
• share all the tags in raw or in human readable format or as a JSON
• create a copy of the image eliminating or modifying tags for:
- the place (you can take it from another picture)
- the date and time when the photo was taken (you can take it from another picture)
- the orientation
- the author (the artist)
- the copyright
- the image description
• create a copy of the image with the minimum content of the tags (related to image data structure, such as the image size, resolution and orientation)
• see where the photo was taken, in different ways (map, address, coordinate)
• favorite, hide or delete a photo
• quickly scroll through the albums of your iOS device
• support for burst photos
• view the tags directly from other apps with the PhotInfo's Extension
PhotInfo app is in costant development, so new features will be added soon. Download now and stay tuned!
Completely redesigned UI:
• only 2 views: Details (with map) and Tags
• no more Tabs: the toolbar is now at the bottom with the central button to change the views
• redesigned Details View
• redesigned Extension's UI
• improved memory usage
• improved support to Split View and Slide Over (on iPad)
• choose another image by touching it in the horizontal scroll view (iPad and Mac)
• tap to enlarge the current image
• map re-centering