Welcome to Outline: simple yet powerful knowledge management app
Outline is a powerful, full-featured note-taker, perfect for students, teachers, physicians, lawyers, executives and everyone who needs to sketch ideas, organize notes, annotate documents, keep any kind of journals.
Type and write, draw and annotate, import, export and sync! Creating and managing data is fun, and iPad equipped with Outline becomes irreplaceable!
"My old digital notebooks just came alive with Outline. Its stunning graphics and animation seemed surreal. I can touch sections and list pages just like I would do it with a paper notebook." - Outline user.
**Enjoy your notes**
Type, write or draw anywhere on a page. Much like in a good old paper notebook, you just do it your way, without the constraints of a tool! Limits are a thing of the past: arrange your ideas in Outline as they grow and populate the canvas.
**Organize your data**
The flawless organization of Outline visually portrays the hierarchy of your ideas. Create sections, pages and groups of sections within a notebook and have them customized to that specific subject. You won't get lost, but pleased with the simplicity of such structure.
The power of a full featured text editor right when you need it. Built-in styles. Lists. Tables. Tags. Hyperlinks. Everything that gives you an easier time visualizing and structuring your thoughts is wrapped up into one multifunctional note-taking app.
**Draw. Highlight. Annotate**
When you’re thinking of something beyond words… Draw it! Built-in pens and highlighter tool allow you to express your ideas in the easiest way ever! Annotate text, images and printouts
with colorful inks. Use magic highlighters to emphasize text in one easy stroke.
**Attach files and insert printouts**
To collect related documents in one place, add them as file attachments or insert them as printouts for annotation. This way Outline becomes a universal tool for storing and working with your data.
**Sync your data**
We provide a multitude of sync methods, so feel free to choose your favorite cloud. A broad range of services to keep your notebooks on iPad and Mac up-to-date like Box, Dropbox, iCloud, WebDav and iTunes (manual transfer) is guaranteed. Additional services like OneDrive and SharePoint support are offered as a part of OneNote compatibility.
**Protect your notes**
Sensitive data deserves special attention and security. You are free to choose where to store your data with Outline - locally or in your favorite cloud. Section password protection will keep your information safe using industry standard encryption algorithms. You have fine grained control when to automatically lock protected sections.
**Use with Microsoft OneNote**
Outline works with local OneNote files on your iPad or Mac. you can also synchronize with OneDrive or Sharepoint to can collaborate on notes with colleagues who use OneNote.
Microsoft OneNote file format support:
▪ OneNote 2010+ - supported
▪ OneNote 2007 - read-only
▪ OneNote 2003 - not supported
Microsoft Sync Services support:
▪ SharePoint on-premise 2010+ - supported
▪ OneDrive Personal - supported
▪ OneDrive for Business - supported
▪ SharePoint Online - not fully supported at the moment, you can access only top level site
- It is possible to insert space after image or table (if it is last in outline) by using Enter key. Also works if such an object is first in outline.
- Improved accuracy of cursor positioning in text when you move up/down.
- Cursor sticks to a line beginning/end when moving up/down in text, if it has been set using mouse or home/end key.
- LOT of improvements in selection from keyboard logic (shift + arrows). Lots of bugs has been fixed and logic has been reworked.
- Selection makes a stop in the beginning and the end of outline/table cell.
- Move up/down after selection should position cursor at the x coordinates of active selection edge.
- It is possible now to discard selection by Esc key.
- Cell content selection state is restored after discarding cell selection with Esc (usefull when you accidentally selected whole cell with shift+down).
- It is possible to select images and attachments from keybord now.
- Logic to move cursor to the end/begining of word has been improved.
- Page is scrolled now when you continue selection from keyboard and it gets out of visible page area.
- Page title in page list is now determined based on attachment name if there is no other content
- Fixed handling of hyperlinks (has been incorrectly encoded in some situations)
- Improved table rendering accuracy. All visible borders are always 1px thick now.
- Focused cell border is thicker now for better contrast/visibility.
- Home/End handing in a table. Changes focused cell if needed.
- Dropbox SDK has been updated.
- Removed ".one" label from notebook's cover.
- Text parts separated by "." should be selected as separate words.
General Bug Fixes
- Fixed some problems with Box integration.
- Import PDF printout as split pages worked incorrectly.
- Incorrect Emoji selection in some cases (selected half of Emoji).
- Undo of line break in page title worked incorrectly.
- Do not copy indent of first line to clipboard if selection starts not from beginning.
- Many other smaller bugs fixed here and there.
- Added shortcuts for Alt + arrow keys (for external keyboard).
- Context menu in editor should appear a bit higher above selected fragment.
- System "Pasted From.." message appeared with each selection change.
- Context menu doesn't popup now when changing selection using external keyboard.
- Missing Source Link when clipping from Web.
Thank you for reading. Please support our efforts by rating the app on the AppStore!