MarkMyWords is a comprehensive writing environment for everyone who creates texts with markup formatting.
Supported: Markdown + Extra, MultiMarkdown, Textile, Wikitext, BBCode, HTML
# Overview of MarkMyWords' features:
- support of different markup languages and CriticMarkup
- live preview of the formatted article or preview of the HTML-code
- easy insertion of markup via shortcuts and function-bar
- selection of various inbuilt CSS styles and option to use own CSS styles for preview
- comprehensive set of options to adapt the text editor to your needs
- syntax highlighting of markup code
- extensive collection of keyboard shortcuts to execute text manipulation
- Textclips feature for inserting pre-made text elements quickly
- automatic closing of brackets and quotation marks
- a flexible "distraction-free mode"
- export documents (RTF, RTFD, HTML, DOC, ODT, PDF, Textbundle, Textpack)
- import of CSV tables as formatted table
- quick saving of documents to predefined locations
- sidebar with helpful tools
- customizable user interface
# Open file-format
MarkMyWords DOES NOT use databases or proprietary file formats for saving documents. All documents created with MarkMyWords are saved as plain text files by default and are therefore application- and platform-independent. MarkMyWords also offers an option to store documents in the open Textbundle-format.
# Advanced text editor features
The text editor offers many useful features to simplify the writing of texts. In addition to the automatic closing of brackets and quotes, the editor also provides an automatic list generation. Moreover, an automated table creation is available for MultiMarkdown and Markdown Extra. In addition, a rich set of keyboard shortcuts for the most common formatting and actions for moving/copying text within documents are available.
# Options to adjust look'n feel of the editor
MarkMyWords also provides many options to offer a comfortable working environment by setting many aspects of the editor to your personal preferences. Next to settings for font-color, -style and -size, there are also options for spacing of lines, paragraphs, etc. and the option to display line numbering next to the editor.
# Live preview
The live preview shows your texts in the formatted state. When displaying you can either use one of the inbuilt CSS-Styles or use your own CSS-Styles. It is also possible to display CriticMarkup formatting.
By using Textclips, MarkMyWords helps you to write articles with repetitive text structures even faster. Textclips can be created by yourself and inserted into a document at any time. In addition, keywords can be defined for Textclips which, together with the tab key, can insert the desired Textclip into your text automatically.
The sidebar offers extensive tools that can assist you in your writing tasks. The sidebar offers:
* quick access to your documents
* access to your Textclips collection
* overview of all headlines in your document
* access to the attachments of the current document
* extensive information about the document
# Distraction-free mode
The distraction-free mode hides all elements and thus directs full concentration on the actual text. As with the normal editor, several options for customization are available for the distraction-free mode.
For more information about MarkMyWords, visit Xelaton.com. There you can also send me a message in case of problems or questions via the contact form!
- new feature that simplifies the correction of misspelled words and allows suggested corrections via keyboard shortcuts. This function can be activated in the preferences under the item Typography. More details about this function can be found in the help
- new highlight mode in Distraction Free Mode that highlights the current line you are typing on against the rest of the text. Adjustable via Distraction Free Mode presets.
- if a Textbundle-file contains other elements than the usual text file, the info.json and the assets folder, these elements are preserved
- improved behavior of MarkMyWords handling the access of Quicksave folder
- animated sidebar collapse and expand and start and end of Distraction Free Mode. If you don't want animations, you can turn them off in the MarkMyWords preferences under "Reduce Interface Animations"
- fixes a bug for the internal Textile parser that can cause the application to crash
- fixes a bug when opening Textbundle-files where, under certain circumstances, the Markup language specified in the json file is not set