SunVox is one of the most powerful music creation tools for iOS. It is a small and fast cross-platform modular synthesizer with pattern based sequencer (tracker).
[ Key features ]
• Modular interface.
• Powerful microtonal sequencer.
• Highly optimized synth algorithms.
• Support of 16/24/32bit WAV, AIFF and XI samples.
• XM (FastTracker) and MOD (ProTracker, OctaMED) import.
• Multitrack WAV export.
• MIDI import/export.
• MIDI IN/OUT.
• Mic/Line recording (using the Sampler).
• Audio Unit Extension (AUv3 instrument/effect), Audiobus.
• Generative music features: random selection of notes, random values of controllers, probability effects.
• It's possible to use SunVox engine in your own applications using the free library for developers.
• It is also available for other systems (see the site).
[ Brief instruction ]
The main menu - button with the SunVox icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
To connect one module (source) to another (destination): first touch on the source, second touch on the destination.
Official SunVox homepage, user manual, video tutorials:
Found a bug? Have some questions? Just write me directly: [email protected]
The answer comes immediately!
[ Built-in synthesizers & effects ]
• DrumSynth with 120 unique synthetic drum sounds;
• FM synthesizer;
• Multisample instrument;
• SpectraVoice (FFT-based synthesizer for warm atmospheric sounds);
• Side Chain Compressor;
• Echo & Reverb;
• Equalizer & Filters;
• Loop (for glitch effects);
• Vocal Filter (for human voice simulation);
• Vorbis Player;
• Pitch Detector;
• Pitch Shifter;
• and more ...
[ Jordan Rudess about this app ]
Sunvox is a serious music application. I am personally running it on my iphone. In the overcrowded world of music apps, Sunvox stands out as both unique and powerful. If you are a musician and own an iphone, you owe it to yourself to try this amazing application!
v2.1c: bug fixes.
* Loop: new controller "On NoteON" (restart with transition to zero iteration (record);restart current iteration); see simple_examples/loop4.sunvox;
* bug fixes.
* now the interface is displayed in high resolution; if you want to switch back to the normal low resolution mode (on some devices this will increase the FPS) - go to the Preferences -> Interface -> Low resolution;
* Preferences -> Audio -> Additional options: new option "minimize the amount of system-supplied signal processing" (measurement mode);
* high resolution icons;
* high resolution fonts with fractional scaling; you can disable these features in Preferences -> Interface -> Fonts;
* sound engine optimization;
* Distortion: new type "saturation" (adding odd harmonics) + five of its variations;
* MultiSynth: new option "Output port number = random" (three different algorithms are available);
* Loop: new controller "Length unit" (line/128;line;line/2;line/3;tick;ms;Hz);
* Loop: new controller "Maximum buffer size" (in seconds) to protect against allocating too much memory;
* Loop: the maximum of the "Repeat" controller has been increased to 128 (128 = repeat endlessly);
* new curve types for ADSR and FMX modules: rect; smooth rect; 2-bit (linear); 3-bit; 4-bit; 5-bit;
* module editor menu: new function "Mute/Solo buttons" to show/hide the Bypass/Mute/Solo buttons under each module;
* musical keyboard: the new panel with additional functions and settings; to open it - increase the height of the keyboard and press the appeared "+" button;
* musical keyboard settings: type (classic, uniform, free (any frequency)), number of rows, key width, color inversion, autorepeat;
* new way to edit a pattern - drawing with a brush; go the pattern editor menu and select "Draw" - this will open the pattern drawing tools;
* for a more detailed description of working with a brush, see https://warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/manual.php#pdraw
* new features in the pattern editor menu: Copy to brush; Reverse; Draw (open pattern drawing tools);
* Preferences -> Timeline: new option "Hexadecimal track numbers";
* Preferences -> Toolbars: the buttons on the horizontal dividers can be customized here; see https://warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/manual.php#toolbars
* pattern editor menu -> Remap: module number -1 = all modules;
* more detailed pattern names after the live recording;
* new pattern effect (column EE): 35 - bind MIDI OUT message XX (0 - Program Change; 1 - Channel Pressure; 2 - Pitch Bend Change) to controller YY (0 - OFF; 0x80 - MIDI controller 0; 0x81 - MIDI controller 1...); for the specified module only;
* new special pattern command: "XX" - stop the module, clear its internal buffers and put it into standby mode;
* new keyboard shortcuts (unassigned by default) that open the corresponding tool windows in the pattern editor:
* cyclic shift;
* set effect;
* new keyboard shortcuts (unassigned by default) for the pattern editor:
* clear pattern;
* shrink pattern /2;
* expand pattern *2;
* slice by cursor;
* pattern properties;
* show/hide CCEEXXYY columns;
* insert a special command "Stop the Module" (XX);
* new keyboard shortcuts for working with the brush:
* CTRL+E - play current note (in the pattern editor) and copy it to the brush;
* CTRL+L - play the notes of the current line (in the pattern editor) and copy it to the brush;
* play the 1st line of the brush (unassigned by default);
* сopy selected area of the pattern to the brush (unassigned by default);
* CTRL+G - paste from the brush;
* new modules in the instruments/ and effects/ folders;
* new examples:
* SunVox Compo 2022.02 winners: fuzion_mixer & Logickin - Synthonic Voyage, RobloxFan75000 - Hypermatic, PhilipBergwerf - We want Peace;
* NightRadio - Cycles of Light;
* updated version of SunVox library for developers: https://warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/sunvox_lib.php
* bug fixes.