Queryable - Search Photos in a Whole New Way.
Queryable is an offline app based on a large language model (LLM) that allows you to find photos in albums using text descriptions.
- Note: Do NOT purchase if your device is an iPhone X/Xs or iPad with A12 chip or lower as it may crash or have no effect.
1. What's the highlights ?
- You can use any description you remember to find the photo. For example, a scenario described in your mind (e.g. "photos of our gathering"), a tone (e.g. "kite in blue sky"), an object (e.g. "a dog, a girl, flower"), or even an emotion depicted in that photo (e.g. "We fell in love").
- Queryable runs completely offline. This allows you not to worry about anyone invading your album privacy.
2. How to use Queryable ?
* Build index
The first time you run Queryable, it will build index for all your photos (remember to grant the app access to all your photos), which usually takes a few minutes (depending on the number of photos you have) and processes at a rate of about 2000 photos per minute.
This step is performed only once.
* Search as you like
Once that's done, you can start searching for anything you want.
* Manually update index
When you have new photos, manually updating the index will make them searchable.
3. Are there any privacy or security issues?
Queryable values your privacy. Therefore it is designed to be totally offline and will never request your network access, thereby avoiding any privacy issues. (You can turn off its network permissions if you wish.)
- update: for version>=1.1.2, Queryable now gives users the option to choose whether to use wireless data to fetch photos from iCloud. This feature is not mandatory.
As a Chinese indie developer who values privacy, it is very difficult to promote product in English speaking regions. But luckily, when it comes to this app, you don't have to believe me, you can trust science.
4. Any requirements for the iPhone model?
Queryable runs CoreML locally, which means if your iPhone does not support CoreML, you can't use it.
The limitations are:
* iOS 16.0 or above
* iPhone 11 (A13 chip) or later models
* Not tested on iPad or MacOS yet.
5. Issues with iClould
Since it cannot connect to a network, Queryable can only use the cache of the low-definition versions of your local Photos albums. This does not affect search accuracy, except that you cannot view the original image in the search results.
It's a compromise between privacy and security and convenience. An app that has access to your Photos and the network is a disaster. I hope you can understand.
6. What if it crashes when building an index ?
Make sure you're iOS 16.0, iPhone 11 or above. Turn off low battery mode and kill the memory-hungry app, then try building the index again.
If there are still problems, please contact: Email: [email protected] or Twitter: immazzystar
Preview page created with https://screenshots.pro/.
- improves model loading speed.
- significantly reduces Documents & Data storage.