CROATIA’S BEST is the ultimate downloadable travel guide to this amazingly photogenic country. Written by a pro-author it explores key REGIONS; suggests ITINERARIES; details dozens of SIGHTS and ACTIVITIES; and suggests great spots to EAT. All content (200+ points-of-interest/200+ pics) is original and independent; no recommendations are ads.
*** This app is ad-free and subscription-free: the single-one-off purchase also includes free updates in the future. Published by TouchScreenTravels.com: independent digital travel guides. Our Touch, Your Travels. ***
CROATIA’S BEST starts with essential TRIP-PLANNING information and an overview of key REGIONS and cities to provide perfect orientation.
To make sure you get the most out of your time, a hand-crafted ITINERARIES section then offers five different itineraries. Some cover the whole country; others provide walking tours of all the key cities.. Among them are Croatia-in-10-days; Dubrovnik-in-a-day; and Split-in-a-day.
The next section of the app, INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES, gives you the heads-up on various interests. So if you’re keen on exploring the country’s HISTORY, or planning to go HIKING in its NATIONAL PARKS, you might just dive straight into the app here.
Other special-interest sections include ART, BEACHES, KIDS, OUTDOOR SPORTS, PARKS & GARDENS, WINE and even GAME OF THRONES sights as well as info on country’s many intriguing WWII MEMORIALS.
Finally, the app details a handpicked selection of RESTAURANTS & CAFES, many located near key sights. There’s also a little on SHOPS & SHOPPING to make sure you round off your trip with the perfect souvenir.
APP FEATURE: TRIP ESSENTIALS
Key before-you-go information:
• Info, Media & Language
• Seasons, Festivals & Events
APP FEATURE: REGIONS
The lowdown on all key parts of the country:
• Central Croatia
• Kvarner Gulf
APP FEATURE: ITINERARIES & TOURS
Organise your time:
• Croatia In-10-Days
• Dubrovnik In-A-Day
• Plitvice In-A-Day
• Split In-A-Day
• Zagreb In-A-Day
APP FEATURE: INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
Backgrounders and practical advice on:
• Game of Thrones
• Hiking & National Parks
• Kids & Families
• Outdoor Sports
• Parks & Gardens
• Wine & Rakija
• WWII Memorials (Spomeniks)
APP FEATURE: EAT, DRINK, SHOP & MORE
Insider tips and recommendations:
• Cafés, Coffee & Bars
• Shops & Shopping
• Wine & Rakija
APP FEATURES: TECHNICAL
• One-click website LINKS.
• One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones).
• NAVIGATE quickly using the app's global search; its internal hyperlinks, and its many images.
• LOCATION info (using your device's GPS).
• Detailed OFFLINE MAPS and the ability to ADD YOUR OWN markers.
• Save and share FAVOURITES.
• Easily CONTACT the author.
• AUTHOR: Jonathan Bousfield has lived in Croatia for over a decade. He is the author of Rough Guides to Croatia, Austria, Bulgaria, the Baltic States and Poland; and has also written DK Eyewitness guides to Bulgaria, Slovenia, Poland, Kraków and Tallinn. He has written about travel, culture and history in Central & Eastern Europe for Time Out Croatia, The Calvert Journal, Jutarnji List, the Guardian, the Independent and others.
• ICON: Nikola Radojcic@Unsplash
REVIEWS AND RATINGS
Reviews and ratings are like gold dust to small developers like us. So, if you like the app, please go back into the app store, find it and leave a review or just a rating. It really helps us. Thanks.
Improved depth of coverage to Istria, the Kvarner Gulf and Zadar including around a dozen new restaurants across the app. Also added entries to various standalone attractions: inc Lonjsko polje Park; Nikola Tesla Experience Center; Nikola Tesla Memorial Centre. Rejigged eating sections in light of extra entries. Fixed broken URL links.