Discover and subscribe to RSS, Atom or JSON feeds in your preferred desktop or web based news reader from Safari.
RSS Button for Safari requires either a desktop news reader supporting RSS, Atom or JSON feeds or an account with an online news reader such as Feedbin, Feedly, FeedHQ, Feed Wrangler, Inoreader, NewsBlur, The Old Reader or BazQuz Reader. Alternatively you can choose to copy the feed address to your clipboard or use any self-hosted news reader.
To install this extension after purchasing on the App Store:
1) Open RSS Button for Safari from Applications;
2) Choose your preferred news reader
3) Enable the extension from Safari Preferences under the extensions tab
4) If the toolbar button does not appear automatically in Safari go to View > Customize Toolbar and drag the RSS Button to your toolbar.
Compatible news reader applications include:
- Feedy (not to be confused with Feedly)
- News Explorer
- News Menu
- Reeder 4 or 5
News reader applications that are not compatible or have known issues opening feed URLs automatically:
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Reeder 3 or older
- RSS Reader
- An Otter RSS Reader
RSS Button for Safari does not collect or retain any data from users. Absolutely no requests to external or third party services are made from the application or extension at any time.
- Bug fix: Prevent defaulting to Safari for the news reader as RSS support was dropped in Safari 6. This could occur on older user profiles that have retained their launch services settings through macOS migrations and upgrades where Safari was previously set as the default.