26 cinematography & photography tools used by Oscar & Emmy winning Directors of Photography. Essential for Photographers, Camera Assistants, Camera Operators, VFX Supervisors, Videographers, Gaffers, Grips, Production Designers, and Cinema & Media Studies students worldwide.
• Universal app for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Silicon Mac (M1)
• Depth of Field (hyperfocal, total depth, near and far, image circle)
• Field of View (and angle of view)
• Field of View Preview in both Portrait & Landscape camera positions (8 images to pre-visualize & size shots by distance & focal length)
• Focal Length (lens) Matching - match to horizontal, vertical or diagonal dimensions
• Relative Size (compares sensors)
• Exposure calculations
• HMI Flicker-free (safe shutters & safe camera speeds)
• Reference (technical charts, lists & tables. Cine film stocks (with film can labels), cine lens specs, false color/exposure change, diopter distance table, miniature shooting, safe panning speeds, zone system, 2018 camera comparison chart)
• Insert Slate (4 font colors plus white or black backgrounds)
• Splits - Aperture Finder calculation
• Speed Booster® Adapter. Calculate reduced Focal Length & Boosted Aperture with various adapters. Also create camera format profiles with attached adapters for use in other tools.
• Eye Light - Chroma Key (color-adjustable VFX tracking markers for green/blue screen)
• Light Effects for handheld light or via Apple Airplay to HDTV. Includes templates for: fire, television, siren, neon, strobe, flashbulb, lightning, strobe. Create unlimited custom animations.
• Mired Shift - Gel Selector
• Conversion calculator
• 4 Test Charts (incl. Siemens Star)
• Triangulate calculation (calculate distances, image circle, etc.)
• Film Running Time to Length
• Shooting to Screen Time
• Color Correction (chooses color correction filters)
• Time Lapse (shooting Interval, event duration, screen time)
• Scene Illumination (beam intensity)
• Light Coverage (width/distance)
• Underwater Distance
• Diopter (lens focus, diopter power)
• Macro (object distance, magnification, corrected stop, DoF, object size, image size, fill percentage)
• Built-in user guides on each screen.
• Calculates instantly & automatically as each entry is entered.
• Over 1600 camera formats plus unlimited customizable, user-defined camera formats, CoC & filters.
• Automatic server updates to new cameras (no waiting for App Store updates).
• Designed by a working camera technician who understands that calculations must be done simply and on-the-run.
• Different from other photo apps, its graphical interface shows how each calculation is applied.
23 YEARS - 2 AWARDS
62nd Primetime Emmy Awards. Engineering award for "Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development" from the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
Technical Achievement Award from Society of Camera Operators. “For outstanding contributions to cinematography through the design and development of the pCAM Film+Digital Calculator.”
• Improved Focal Length Match GUI
• Minor fixes and performance enhancements.
• pCAM Pro is financed, designed and maintained by one individual. If you like the app, please take a moment to leave a review – really helps with its further development!
• Please send requests and bug reports via the "Contact Us” within the app’s Settings screen. Also visit https://pcam.app/support.php for help and suggestions.