The app combines highly accurate weather forecast for your location with a 3D map showing development of weather in a broader area in a very interesting way. This allows you to see where precipitation is going to come from or where the wind is blowing from. The uniqueness of the app comes from the amount of data displayed. Forecast of weather, precipitation, wind, cloud cover, atmospheric pressure, snow cover and other meteorological data for different altitudes is available for the whole world.
The Ventusky application solves weather displaying in an interesting way. Wind is displayed using streamlines which clearly portray the continuous development of weather. Airflow on Earth is always in motion and the streamlines depict this motion in an amazing way. This makes the interconnection of all atmospheric phenomena obvious.
Weather forecast for the first three days is available in the app in one-hour steps. For other days, it’s available in three-hour steps. Users can also look up sunrise and sunrise times in a given place or air quality.
Thanks to the Ventusky application, visitors get data directly from the numerical models that, just a few years ago, were used solely by meteorologists. The app collects data from the most accurate numerical models. Besides the well-known data from the American GFS and HRRR models, it also displays data from the Canadian GEM model and the German ICON model, which is unique thanks to its high resolution for the whole world. Two models, EURAD and USRAD, are based on current radar and satellite readings. These models are able to show precisely current precipitation in US and Europe.
You can also display weather fronts. We have created a neural network that predicts the positions of cold, warm, occluded, and stationary fronts based on data from weather models. This algorithm is unique, and we are the first on the world who makes global fronts forecast available to users.
LIST OF WEATHER LAYERS
• Temperature (16 levels)
• Temperature anomaly
• Perceived temperature
• Wind (16 levels)
• Wind gusts (1 hour, long time maximum)
• Precipitation (1 hour, 3 hour, long time accumulation)
• Cloud cover (high, middle, low, total)
• Snow cover (total, new)
• Humidity (4 layers)
• Dew point
• Air pressure
• CAPE, CIN, LI, Helicity (SRH)
• Freezing level
• Wave forecast
• Ocean currents
• Air quality (AQI, NO2, SO2, PM10, PM2.5, O3, dust or CO)
• Probability of aurora
LIST OF WEATHER WIDGETS
• Forecast 4x2
• Forecast 2x2
• Forecast 4x4
• Radar 4x2
• Radar 2x2
The app is completely free of ads. All features are available after download (the app does not include in-app purchases). Do you have questions or suggestions? Please email us at [email protected]
Major update is here!
1) We have significantly extended the amount of data offered from the ICON, ICON EU and GFS models. Thanks to the extended ICON models, the accuracy and resolution of forecasts on 7 days will increase. The overall forecast is now for 14 days (previously 10 days).
2) Fog layer (cloud layers are now divided into fog, low, medium and high clouds)
3) Freezing rain (newly is marked on precipitation map by exclamation marks)
4) Model Switcher shows active model on the AUTO mode (orange dots)
5) Change of opening a new locations on the map (requires longer tap)
6) Bug fixes