GeoShred Play Version 5, with In-App-Purchases for GeoSWAM* instruments on devices running iOS 11.4 or greater.
With GeoShred Play, everyone can shred using the new diatonic playing surface! You can Shred the Blues and never hit a wrong note. Slide your finger in any direction and let the magic happen using a scale that fits perfectly against a backing track. Seamlessly move between fretless and diatonic modalities in a magical musical way using our isomorphic and diatonic playing surface and groundbreaking intelligent pitch rounding.
GeoShred Play is a play-only version of the award-winning GeoShred musical instrument for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. GeoShred Play can be used to perform GeoShred Pro presets.
It's a great way to get started with GeoShred, AND it can be upgraded** to ALL of the powerful GeoShred Pro features like preset editing, AUv3 plugin support, MIDI/MPE, and setlist editing. GeoShred Play can also purchase GeoSWAM IAP instruments.
Gold Medal Winner of the 2019 Denny Award, winner of a 2019 Guthman New Musical Instrument Award, and winner of the 2017 Electronic Musician Editor's Choice Award as "one of the most innovative, groundbreaking products to emerge in the past twelve months".
GeoShred’s performance surface with “almost magic” pitch rounding algorithms is coupled with a model of the physics of strings. It’s a fusion of Jordan Rudess’ performance concepts and moForte’s powerful, modeled guitar/effects based on the Physical Modeling research of Dr. Julius O. Smith III of Stanford/CCRMA.
GeoShred Play Features Include:
• A fluidly expressive playing surface + a Physically modeled guitar
• A diatonic keyboard where every key on the screen is in the scale.
• Support for backing tracks
• 3D touch on devices that support 3D touch.
• Inter-App Audio and Audiobus support.
Praise for the GeoShred family of apps:
“GeoShred is brilliant- it’s a real instrument.” – Eddie Jobson
“A fantastic new invention which is going to revolutionize the way music is played, expressed and learned! “GeoShred” is one of the foremost best musical inventions I’ve had the pleasure to experience in recent years. Definitely 5 stars out of 5! GIGANTASTIVISSIMO…..R…A…Z !!!!!” – Patrick Moraz
“That’s just nuts. You’re [Jordan] the best-guitarist-without-a-guitar of all time” – Joe Satriani
“GeoShred is a breakthrough [musical instrument] for the iPad. Some might think it’s the best evidence yet that there has indeed been reverse engineering of alien technology, but if that’s the case, then aliens play guitar…and worship Jimi Hendrix.” – Craig Anderton Harmony Central
We are dedicated to offering the highest level of musical instrument experience for our customers worldwide. It would mean a lot to us if you could leave your positive review on the App Store and If you have any questions about GeoShred we would love to hear from you at our support email address: [email protected]
Minimum Requirements: iOS 11.4 or better is required for AUv3 support and GeoSWAM instruments.
*Note: The GeoSWAM instruments can ONLY be performed from the GeoShred keyboard or MPE controllers.
**Note: Unfortunately, due to App Store limitations, previously purchased instrument IAPs can not be applied to a purchase of the collection IAP.
***Note: The Pro upgrade is to the functionality of GeoShred Pro. The app is still GeoShred Play, but it has all the Pro features and is identical to GeoShred Pro
This release is mostly about enhancements to support MPE. Here is a full list of the changes:
- Better handling of MIDI Mode 3,4, no longer in MIDI configurations. Selected by Play Modes Poly, Strings.
- Fix order of program change, RPNs to MIDI out
- Support for the MPE MCM
- Fixed problems with Poly Expr and control surface regrading lookup tables
- Fixed some cosmetic issues regarding menu heights and hiding controls
- Fixed launch image on GeoShredControl/GeoShredPlay when upgraded
- Removed irrelevant factory presets.
- Added ability to completely defeat MIDI handling.
- Better support for MIDI recording, extensive tests with MIDI Recorder app.
- Roots can be picked from performance settings
- Fixes for KeyY Touch curve.
- Fixed Missing Sarangi preset
- Fixed issue with root dropdown
- Fixed small issues with the AuV plugin.
*Note: This is the last update for older devices running less than iOS 11.4.