Your digital filing cabinet for life’s scattered details.
Accounts, recipes, expenses, inventory — life is full of things that we don’t want to forget or misplace. Tap Forms 5 helps you organize all kinds of things in one place — secure, searchable, and accessible on your Mac (iOS + Apple Watch app sold separately).
How can one app organize everything? Because not only can you use and customize the 33 built-in templates but you can create your own “forms” for inputting any kind of information, even if that information includes pictures, doodles, audio recordings, calculations, file attachments, ratings, or even links to other forms. This makes it almost like building your very own customized organization app.
+++ Mac Format Magazine - comparing Tap Forms to other organizational programs:
"Tap Forms is the clear winner by a mile. The user interface is beautifully Mac-like, the structuring of data is similar enough to Bento that it offers only a shallow learning curve, it offers a direct import of Bento templates, and the iOS companion app is great."
• Capture your way: add a picture, type some text, attach a file — there are 25 different types of information that can be captured with Tap Forms.
• Organize your way: Create and design custom forms exactly how you want to for optimal organization. Get started with one of our ready-to-go form templates, or easily make a custom one from scratch with our integrated form building tools.
• Store confidential data with confidence: Tap Forms' security settings let you optionally require a password, and even auto-lock when idle for a custom period of time. Using AES encryption, you can rest easy knowing your data is safe and secure.
• Import, Export, Share: It’s easy to import your data from existing files, so getting started is a breeze. Import your data from text, CSV, Bento and more. Exporting allows you to share with Mac, Windows, and Linux users.
• Sync with Tap Forms for iOS and Mac using iCloud, IBM Cloudant, Nearby (WiFi), or with your own Apache CouchDB sync server.
• Layout designer for creating custom form layouts
• Advanced search rules with multi-field record filtering
• Lightning-fast search
• Share form templates with friends, family, and co-workers
• Import & Export standard text, CSV and XLSX files from Excel, Numbers, or other systems
• Print 24 different types of barcodes including ISBN, UPC, Code 39, QR code, EAN, and more!
• Label printing engine includes over 1,000 Avery® label templates
• Print record details
• List, multi-column, calendar, map, and photo grid views.
Store 25 different types of information, such as:
• Link to form (relational links between forms)
• Inverse relationships
• File Attachment with multi-file support
• Email address
• GPS location
• Date & time
• Web site address
• Check mark
• Audio notes (record on iOS, playback on Mac)
• Drawings (draw on iOS, view on Mac)
• Phone number
• Section headings
• Signature (capture on iOS, view on Mac)
Includes more than 33 built-in forms, including:
• Audio dictation
• Bank accounts
• Client call log
• Credit & debit cards
• Daily journal
• Frequent flyer numbers
• Health insurance
• Homework assignments
• Loyalty cards
• Personal health cards
• Security alarm codes
• Serial numbers
• Vehicle insurance
• Website accounts
• Wine collection
• Added record.addFileFromUrlToField(url, field_id) function to add a file to a File Attachment field.
• File attachment field filenames can now be searched in a Saved Search.
• Fixed a bug that caused importing records where a Number field had auto-increment enabled, the number values would be doubled upon import.
• Website accessory buttons weren’t behaving consistently between different views. I first attempt to have the OS open the URL. If it fails and it’s a file URL, Tap Forms will just select it in the Finder.
• Link to Form and Table fields now use row height setting from print panel when printing.
• Fixed an issue with the Bento importer when importing invalid data.
• Radio button and Checkbox button Pick List settings were ignoring the label position setting.
• Fixed crash on Big Sur when clicking a rating field on the multi-column list view.
• Preferences window no longer resizes because the resizing was jumping on Big Sur when you clicked the different preference panel buttons. So they’re all a fixed size for now.
• Fixes for font size settings when entering into a note field initially.
• Fix for dark mode support for the document password entry screen.
• Page numbers, the date, time, and record count will now be printed on the labels layout printouts. You can turn that off on the Options page on the Print window.
• If for some reason a file attachment file is not available on disk, Tap Forms will display a warning document icon for those entries with missing files.
If you enjoy using Tap Forms and have a couple of spare minutes, please leave a review. I really appreciate every review. Each one makes a huge difference to the success and continued development of Tap Forms. Thanks in advance! - Brendan