Music Library Tracker keeps an eye on your music library and automatically monitors additions, deletions, and any changes to your songs. With streaming becoming more popular, it is very easy for song metadata to change or for songs to disappear as licensing deals expire; with Music Library Tracker you will always know when something in your library changes.
- Automatic monitoring of the media library on your iPhone or iPad (including iCloud Music Library if enabled on your device). Music Tracker checks the title, artist, album, genre, year of release, and rating.
- View an overview of changes to your library with filters to personalise it to your requirements
- Drill down into the detail of individual tracks to see exactly which metadata changed and when along with dates for when tracks were added or deleted from your library
- A daily notification giving you a summary of changes in the previous day (this can be customised to just tell you about added, changed, or deleted tracks)
- Automation via x-callback-url allowing you to see changes to your library in the Shortcuts app or with Siri
- Dark Mode support
- Full support for split screen views on iPad
Music Library Tracker contains no in-app purchases and does not require an internet connection; I believe in your privacy so none of your media library data ever leaves your device and I do not collect usage data or perform any data analytics.
If you have any issues at all, please email [email protected] and I'll help you.
- Vastly improved the speed of the activity page
- Added options to filter the activity page (i.e. just show days where tracks were deleted)
- Removed the "Hide days with zero activity" toggle from settings as this is now covered by the new filter tool (if you had this toggle "on" then the same settings will be applied as a filter by default)
- Fixed an issue whereby the app would become sluggish the longer it had been installed
- Multiple UI tweaks, bug fixes, and speed improvements
A big thank you to Eric who helped in the debugging of some speed problems that were affecting users with a long history with the app.
Recently in v1.9
- Added ability to customise summary notification (i.e. you can choose only to be notified about tracks that are deleted)
- Added option to sort lists of tracks by title (default), artist, and album
- Fixed a number of issues which prevented notifications from working (you may need to open the app to re-enable notifications)
- Improved speed and accuracy of metadata scanner
- Various UI updates and bug fixes
As always, if you find Music Library Tracker useful then I appreciate any reviews. If you have any issues at all, please email [email protected] and I will help you.