Elevate the voices in your classroom & help your students to reflect and grow!
Provide Instant Feedback – Nurture Reflection – Ignite Collaboration – Promote Equity
The animated discussion maps are ideal for Socratic seminars, Spider Web Discussions™, Harkness®* discussions, Literature Circles, or anytime students interact.
Effortlessly chart & record your students’ interactions to graphically illustrate levels.
The discussion maps, instant analytics & animated playback at multiple speeds will spur discussion & engage everyone in deeper reflection!
Focus on Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI) at the classroom level!
STANDARD VERSION FEATURES:
• Up to 20 participants per group
• Playback the discussion maps in real time or in fast forward
• Feedback frames to show participation by time, times spoken, gender equity, & overall equity.
• Include or exclude participants or the teacher from the data to see how dynamics change
• Select & listen to any speaker from the discussion & view notes linked to their participation
• Improved participant analytics: see each time a student spoke & playback what they said, or play from the person who spoke before/after
• Save classes & groups for easy access
• New icon colors & patterns
• Easy Zoom integration for Virtual lessons
UPGRADE TO PREMIUM with one in-app purchase to access the following:
• Up to 40 participants / group with unlimited seating options
• Quick edit feature- now on one screen
• Select & listen to any speaker & view notes linked to their participation
• Track student contributions with enhanced Checknotes & notations
• Access to 17 Checknote templates or customize them for yourself
• Save classes & groups for easy access or import from .txt file
• Export data to CSV files to track data over time
NEW PREMIUM FEATURES:
• Debrief w/students individually! Review contributions of any one student in the improved participant analytics: see each time the student spoke & playback what they said, or play from the person who spoke before/after, review notations for that student, participation data, or Checknotes… all on one screen!
• Give better student feedback! Take notes or write comments during the discussion that link to the speaker.
• Identify Markers: customize the groups w/n your class that you’d like to measure such as grade level, language level, race, seating area, or anything you’d like to see.
• Quick Edit Feature to set up your class much faster!
REFLECTIVE DATA AT YOUR FINGERTIPS:
• Simply tap on the participants’ icons when they speak & Equity Maps will do the rest by visually charting the interactions & calculating levels of participation.
• The “Feedback Frames” provide key statistics for teachers, students or group members: time spoken, times spoken, gender equity, or customize anything you’d like to measure with the premium version.
• Enhance your Socratic Seminars, Literature Circles, Harkness® (*) discussions, or full classroom discussions
• Monitor & assess Common Core Speaking & Listening Standards, ATL, Dialogic lessons, or seminar criteria
• Promote student involvement & self-reflection
FACILITATORS & GROUP LEADERS:
• Encourage deeper reflection of your group’s goals, norms & processes
• Give your boss an Equity Check & share how equitable your last meeting was
• Critical Friends Group® coaches & facilitators (CFG work) or in PLCs
EquityMaps® is a registered trademark at the USPTO / U.S. Pat. No 10,553,129
*EquityMaps has been developed completely independent of Phillips Exeter Academy & is not affiliated in any way with the academy.
Critical Friends Group® is a registered trademark of the National School Reform Faculty (NSRF®)
We've worked out a few small bugs.